Saturday, February 14, 2009

apparently I have a boyfriend...

well no not really but I had to invent one this afternoon!!!

So I went walking down La Rambla, which is this huge and largely pedestrianised street which runs from Plaza Catalunya (one of the main squares) right down to the waterfront and a large monument to Christopher Columbus. It's full of restaurants/cafes, bird stalls, flower stalls, buskers - some very good and/or original, others average, and some pretty bad and just plain desperate haha - magazine stands selling more tourist souvenirs than magazines, craft stands oh yeah and a bout three hundred million people, probably about 90% of them tourists haha but it was pretty cool =)

Then I was wandering around the waterfront when some random guy started talking about me. (in English) Well I shouldn't have replied but don't always think so quickly or know what's coming up. He was like 30 and from some country in Africa, can't remember which one but yeah and became quite attached to me and I couldn't get rid of him. Followed me all around town, through the produce market and the supermarket and on the metro back to the hostel (=s) And every 3rd question was about my 'boyfriend' nkdfnkhsfuihfujbnjsjdf
lol
So he thinks I'm gonna call him tomorrow so we can meet up, because we are now great friends and 'Barcelona is going to be for us'
hahaha
I think not.
lol
I only hope he doesn't try come back to the hostel, and if he does that he gets lost and can't find it!

Other than that Barcelona so far has been pretty cool and this is another awesome hostel =).
was so excited to have salad with my dinner - with stuff I bought at the huge produce market off La Rambla =)


and man, It's such a small world!!!!!
Just before I came on to this computer I ran into [oh dear I've forgotten her name, if I ever knew it], but the German girl I shared a room with my first night in Sevilla.
And also...
I think I already said we found out Larissa and Greg (her bf - who actually does exist lol and is petty cool) are gonna be in Paris when I am on their contiki tour, and in Lyon before that

The Korean girl I shared a room with and spent a morning climbing up hills with in Malaga - well I ran into her a few days later in Granada, up in the Albaycin [Arabic district] and turned out we were both staying at Oasis backpackers!

Made friends with 2 supercool Australian girls [well actually one is British and the other South African but they've been living in Aus for 3 or 4 years] at Oasis in Granada. Just before they moved on, we discovered that they were booking onto the exact same hostel in Lyon that I've booked, on the exact same nights!!! Can't wait to meet up with them again =) and share tales hehe

And then there's the Kiwis I've met - not so many but still more than I expected
One girl in the backpackers in Cádiz
The guy who checked me in at Granada, from Auckland/Kumeu. Had this awesome as little convo about how it sucks to have to say we're from Auckland...
And when I was checking into the backpacjers in Córdoba some other guy [I think he worked there] came up from behind, saw my passport and was like oh, kia ora - it was cool!
and then
- 'so where are you from?'
-Christchurch, you?
-Auckland.
-oh, right. [silence]
-shut up!!!!!

lol
the girl at the desk was so confused

anyway, I only supposed to spend 20 mins at a time on internet here and I think its been double that so I´m out

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Emmy but your granny has been sitting here having a giggle at your attached boyfriend! It was so good to read your description. Go Girl. I hope for your sake he can't find the Hostel but just for the moment it was a good giggle. I am amazed at how many people you have met who have been at other Hostels etc. It really is a small world isn't it. Keep having fun and a little bit of salad every so often. Heaps of love from Granny XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee he! Lol. What a funny posting. I have this niggling feeling that Mr Boyfriend won't give up that easily so you outwit him Em! That is so cool that you continue to meet up with people cos it gives you a little bit of company here and there without the issue of having to do stuff with other people and negotiate all the time.

    You have become quite the expert at hostel hopping and finding the ones that work best for you. Neat that you can get some fresh food to eat. Boy you will be bored with NZ food when you come back here again.

    Thanks for the two awesome postings today gorgeous. Enjoy Bathelona!

    ReplyDelete