Saturday, February 14, 2009

in Barcelona!!!!! and tired...

yet another computer with usb ports blocked it seems...pain in the ass haha. gonna have to find an internet cafe to transfer photos from my camera otherwise memory card gonna fill up again - and soon!

So I got to the hostel about an hour ago, normally I´d be well into exploring the city by now but Ive just been sorting out some stuff, I made me a bocadillo (filled roll) with chorizo for my late lunch, and read a little bit of lonely planet since I still hadnt got through much of the Bacelona section while I ate.

This seems like a good hostel. Its pretty big, very clean and very secure. Havent talked to anyone yet other than reception staff, mostly because all the guests are either not here or in groups and/or talking in languages like french or catalan (not sure which). And the kitchen is clean and well equipped =)
I didnt really like the hostel in Madrid, though it wasn't bad.

I did however love the city of Madrid, just as much as when I was first there but it was really cool and interesting being back there after seeing a lot of the rest of Spain and getting used to the customs, language and people etc somewhat. It was a totally different experience! It almost felt like a totally different city, in a way, mostly because of the weather. This time the temperatures (from about 11/12-5/6 anyway) were around 16-18 degrees and in various places, like in the Plaza Mayor, everyone was out enjoying it!

Yesterday afternoon/evening I was getting pretty tired, so I thought when I got back to the hostel I would go to bed/sleep pretty early so I would hopefully be un-tired for today. That plan changed somewhat when my room, which was tiny, became occupied by 3 drunk/drinking australians who decided to hang out there before heading out clubbing at midnight! So I didn't get as m,uch sleep as I wanted and am still just as tired but hey that's backpacking right.

Off now to check out La Rambla - Barcelona's and Spain's most famous street (says Lonely Planet)

2 comments:

  1. Happy valentines day. Your follower wants to be your valentine maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha he tried to buy me a flower
    I was like NO THANKS

    ReplyDelete