Sunday, February 15, 2009

blogging again

today's been a bit of an odd kind of day. Good day, but odd. Ie just been wandering around, and starting to get a bit of a feel for the city. I don't think I've paid for a single thing, apart from one bottle of water that cost €0·75 =). Went off this morning after an easy late start to explore the Barri Gotic, or Gothic Quarter, which was cool. I went to this awesome museum which took you through a whole lot of excavations through parts of the original Roman and Visigothic settlement - walls, tower entries, laundry houses, factories....it was cool, and free =)
I'm not too sure what it was, but there's been some kind of minor festival or celebration on today, and all the squares I went through had stages set up with different kind of acts on and were packed out with people. The best thing I stumbled upon was a couple of troupes of castellers - I think that was the name, but anyway it was people climbing on top of each other making human towers or castles. It was awesome, I watched them for ages and they kept getting bigger and harder hehehe.

I think the travelling/backpacking lifestyle is starting to catch up on me and I'm getting really tired all the time hehe so its nice that at least I'm in one place for a few nights and don't have to think about packing up and moving around for another day or two =)

I had been considering the possibilty of making another daytrip, from Barcelona to Tarragona, which is about an hour south and it's a small city with [surprise] Roman remains - theatre/temple/circus....stuff like that, since I missed out on Mérida. But now I think I'm not going to, because there's so much to see here, and I think I'd rather take my time doing everything I wanna do in Barcelona. After all, I came here to see Spain and I can go to Italy another time to see Roman stuff properly, and besides I have seen bits and pieces here and there - like these awesome as columns from a Roman temple hiding in a corner of the Barri Gotic today =)

Well that's today's update, tomorrow I think I might go and check out some Gaudi buildings, and probably the Sagrada Familia - probably Barcelona's biggest and most famous attraction.

latterrr

xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Very sensible to pace yourself honey. Seems like a wise decision to slow down and enjoy. I have no doubt you will be back!

    And I think you are a clever clogs that you have got to do and see so much without paying. My kind of travelling.

    Love you heaps and love reading every single blog. Look forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny says that you have made Barcelona sound so wonderful. Good idea to stay in one place for a couple of days. Also I noted that you said you could see Italy another time. Yippee for Emmy. Travel is in your soul now and there is a lot of world to see. My thoughts are with you and I just love reading all these great things you are doing. No mention of the 'boyfriend' so that is good. Love Granny.XX

    ReplyDelete